Anthology; Nation’s Priority; Poverty and/or the Children?
EmpathyEducates presents an anthology of articles on the inextricably tied topics, Poverty and Education. We ask is poverty, or addressing it, our nations priority? Are children valued over combat or critical care? Do we prevent problems for our progeny or help create these? What is the Effect of Poverty on the Whole Child as he or she Endeavors to Learn, to Grow and Be,
The Affect of Poverty on Education, and how these impact Educational Outcomes will be discussed in articles offered and linked below.
POVERTY, A BUDGETARY PRIORITY?
- Here’s where your federal income tax dollars go via @NBCNewsBusiness
- Children in Poverty pdfChild Data Bank
- The Great Divide: Equal Opportunity, Our National Myth
POVERTY, THE EFFECT ON THE WHOLE CHILD
- Poverty and Brain Development in Early childhood
- Malnutrition, Poverty and Intellectual Development
- Educational Leadership: Poverty and Learning : The Myth of the Culture of Poverty
- What does Poverty Means to Kids Public Broadcasting Services. Frontline
POVERTY AND EDUCATION
- 11 Facts About Education and Poverty in America Do Something via @dosomething
- The Unaddressed Link Between Poverty and Education: The New York Times.
- Factors in Dropping Out
- Poverty and Potential: Out-of-School Factors and School Success. National Education Policy Center via @nepctweet
- Today in Poverty: An Education Wish List The Nation
POVERTY AND EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES
- Poverty and the “achievement gap”: Some new data
- Six Successful High-Poverty Schools: How They Beat the Odds
- What do international tests really show about U.S. student performance?
- Test Results From the National Assessment of Educational Progress