By Jeff Bryant | Originally Published at Education Opportunity Network.. October 7, 2015 | Photographic Credit; […]
By Henry Giroux | Originally Published at Counter Punch. September 29, 2015 | Pierre Andrieu/Getty Images
The words of James Weldon Johnson’s “Lift Every Voice and Sing” echoed down Drexel Ave on […]
What People Say
To teach is to learn twice!
Since a better world will not happen overnight, there is nothing we can do that’s more likely to be part of the cure than to work on all fronts together, and nothing more likely to spread more disease than accepting the myth that this is a “crisis” of bad teaching rather than a broader crisis of democracy!
To teach is to reach inside and outside yourself…to embrace learning!
Education is a human and civil right!!!!
Apartheid education, rarely mentioned in the press or openly confronted even among once-progressive educators, is alive and well and rapidly increasing now in the United States.
America needs an Education Spring!
Journeys To Justice
- #FightForDyett in Voices from the Frontlines Today [Videos]empathy
- Police Are Granted Abusive Powers By a System That Condones Their ActionsMark Karlin
- I Don’t Act Like An ‘Angry Black Woman’ – But I’m Read That Way If I Broach RaceRebecca Carroll
- When a Compromise Is Not a Compromise “The Hunger Strike Continues!” #WeAreDyettempathy
- A Candlelight Vigil in the #FightForDyett — Day 16 [Videos]empathy
- Health Professionals Challenge Mayor Emanuel to End Hunger Strike #WeAreDyettempathy