Law enforcement officials in Waller County, Texas, have concluded that the cause of Sandra Bland’s death […]
By Henry A. Giroux | Originally Published at TruthOut July 19, 2015 00:00 | Illustration […]
The Soapbox: In a Tone-Deaf Attempt to Explore White Privilege Chicago Artist Exploits Michael Brown’s Death
Location. Location. Location! What might an art exhibit and a much questioned dehumanization have to do […]
What People Say
To teach is to learn twice!
Since a better world will not happen overnight, there is nothing we can do that’s more likely to be part of the cure than to work on all fronts together, and nothing more likely to spread more disease than accepting the myth that this is a “crisis” of bad teaching rather than a broader crisis of democracy!
To teach is to reach inside and outside yourself…to embrace learning!
Education is a human and civil right!!!!
Apartheid education, rarely mentioned in the press or openly confronted even among once-progressive educators, is alive and well and rapidly increasing now in the United States.
America needs an Education Spring!
Journeys To Justice
- On Bill Cosby, Victim Blaming, and What it Means to be a Rape SurvivorKioshana LaCount
- Bryan Stevenson on Charleston and Our Real Problem with RaceCorey Johnson
- Stay Black and Die: Reckoning with America’s Racism as a Biracial Black Womanthe little warrior
- What Happens to a Society When It Turns Against Many of Its Children and Imprisons Them?Nell Bernstein
- #takeitallthewaydown Clyburn Op-Ed: The Confederate ‘Battle Flag’ Should Come Down from the StatehouseJames E. Clyburn Congressman
- The Soapbox: When Black Children Aren’t Welcome In White SpacesTiffanie Drayton