By Leticia Miranda | Originally Published at ProPublica. March 26, 2015, 10:32 AM Illustration Credit; […]
What People Say
To teach is to learn twice!
Since a better world will not happen overnight, there is nothing we can do that’s more likely to be part of the cure than to work on all fronts together, and nothing more likely to spread more disease than accepting the myth that this is a “crisis” of bad teaching rather than a broader crisis of democracy!
To teach is to reach inside and outside yourself…to embrace learning!
Education is a human and civil right!!!!
Apartheid education, rarely mentioned in the press or openly confronted even among once-progressive educators, is alive and well and rapidly increasing now in the United States.
America needs an Education Spring!
Journeys To Justice
- Will Milwaukee Schools be turned over to National Charter School Companies? Ask New Orleansempathy
- My Intersectional LifeEisa Nefertari Ulen
- Your Race, Your PaceFelicia Lynne Harris Ph.D.
- It’s Harvest Time for Selma!Hank Sanders, Senator
- Why America’s Higher Education Needs ReformWalnut Bowl
- Mapping Police Violenceempathy
- A Letter to My Son Jacob on his 5th BirthdayMimi Lemay
- The School Closure PlaybookRebecca Rojer